Involt for mobile
What is better than having HTML project communicating with hardware? Having the same app working on mobile. Without any effort.
Nothing. Just make sure you work with Bluetooth 2.0 and Android (change the communication mode in settings.js). For changing Phonegap related settings use config.xml instead of package.json file.
The previous Low Energy beta is depreciated. However, it can return in future releases.
Involt for mobile is based on Cordova/Phonegap and uses chrome libraries for mobile. I will really appreciate any feedback if it works on particular Android devices and system versions. I'm working on Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1 (previously with 5.1.1).
Installation (Phonegap Build)
The easiest way is to use Phonegap Build. With free account you can upload single private app as .zip file or multiple public Github forks. Add to zip archive the contents of involt folder (if everything is correct you should see Involt icon and name). As you can see there aren't many things to do here. When you finish uploading your project you can download it via QR code scanner on your phone.
- Mobile communication may work different than on desktop. Sometimes you should consider using higher delays in sketch when there is a lot of data to send.
- Enabling hydration will check for updates automatically so you don't have to manually redownload the app.
- Chrome dev tool has ability to inspect (and preview) the app from remote device and use console to debug.
- Phonegap Developer App is not supported.
- Remember to pair the device, however - when app is launched Android should ask to pair the device.
- For multiple involt apps change ID and name in config.xml